We express the Best Bird Carrier or transporter. What would you do if you had to take a trip for a couple of days or weeks and you don’t have the possibility of someone watching over your birds? Today it is possible to carry a cage with birds wherever you go. Your friends can be a good company along the long road and the bird transporters are ideal to take them with you.
A bird carrier is an essential accessory for a bird owner. On any trip such as car trips, road trips or air travel, the bird needs a comfortable and safe way to travel. The transporter doesn’t have to be as big as your bird’s actual house , but it should be big enough so that it can be comfortable and move around a bit. A small transporter will be enough for a short trip. For a long trip a larger one is recommended.
You can use a transporter to take your bird to the vet or anywhere else. You won’t regret it once you find the right one. With the transporter at home, you and your precious bird can travel together happily. In general, different types of transporters are required for different trips. Ideally, you should get one that’s suitable for different trips. For example, if you are going to travel by plane, make sure that the transporter is approved by the airlines.
Types of best bird carrier or transporters
- Stainless steel and wire conveyors: Stainless steel and wire carriers are ideal for large birds with a large beak. Some birds may even break cages if they have a chance.
- Light mesh transporters : For smaller birds, light mesh transporters are the best option because they are very easy to carry.
- Knock Down Conveyors : These are ideal since they take up less space in the house when storing them.
Conditioning the bird carrier or transporter
- Choose a perch that provides a firm foundation for the bird. Avoid polished woods like chamomile.
- The use of perches of materials such as the vine, the cholla or a rope that will allow the bird to have a good grip is recommended.
- The perch should be installed towards the front of the carrier so that the bird can accommodate the tail well. In the event of a sudden stop it will not be thrown forward and may be able to lean over and grab the front of the carrier.
- Choose a bird transporter toy that is made of soft materials or preferably one that is side-mounted so it won’t move when the vehicle is moving.
Travelling with a bird transporter. Points to keep in mind when you take your bird on a transporter.
- Your bird should familiarize itself with the transporter before the long journey. He tries to put his favourite toy and treats on to help him get comfortable. When you feel comfortable in the transporters, it is advisable to take him for several short trips before the long trip. This will also let you know what their reaction is like.
- Make sure it is subject to the conveyor belt of security or other devices. A bird in the front seat of a vehicle can be injured.
- Be sure to bring enough food and water for your lovely feathered companion. It is recommended to feed the birds with juicy fruits while travelling as this food will provide the necessary liquids without spilling water.
- On long trips or trips your bird will be out of the cage for a long time, so a portable gym or T-stand is highly recommended. There are several models available in the market that you can buy.
- Make sure to properly groom your birds before the holidays. If you travel by plane or by other means, you will require a recent health certificate for your birds.
- All birds should have their wings cut, so they don’t fly.
- Safety is very important during the trip. Make sure the bird is in the transporter while the vehicle is running. Weather can affect your pet, so be sure to check the weather before travelling. It is good to avoid crowds and not leave the bird out of its place.
- It is recommended to bring the emergency contact numbers of both the pet sitter and the avian veterinarian and the avian first aid kit which will be useful in the event of an accident. You will need to bring proof of ownership, name and address of the breeder, medical records and a recent photo of your bird as the information will be very valuable in case of an emergency related to it.
Pet bird transporters are a must and add a little style and adventure to your life. Best of all, you will be able to take your feathered friends wherever you go and without the transporter he would have missed it sooner!