Chemical product containers fulfill a fundamental function for the preservation of substances that are used in industries. To ensure the safety of the work environment and avoid workplace accidents that can affect people and the environment, it is absolutely necessary to take some precautions when storing chemicals on the shelves. Chemical Storage Safety
We have been offering chemical solutions in multi-format packaging for various industry sectors . In addition, we have certifications that guarantee that the activities we carry out in our company are carried out with the highest standards of respect for the environment.
On our website you can verify that we pack from products for the automotive sector (lubricants, additives, antifreezes, etc.) to those designed for the industry (coolants, degreasers, detergents, etc.). That said, we are going to explain how you can preserve the containers in the most appropriate way.
Ways to store containers safely Chemical Storage Safety
Correct storage of chemical products in a home or work environment guarantees the safety of the facilities and prevents people who are in direct contact with these containers from being exposed to the risk of accidents. We give you some keys to what you can do:
1. First of all, it is very important to check if the containers are completely closed after use . Storing open chemicals or liquids is one of the most common mistakes made in pharmaceutical laboratories and industries. Some of the most modern containers have a safety closure that helps keep the composition as isolated from the workers who handle it.
2. Remember that it is only necessary to save the chemicals that are really necessary . Workplaces with large quantities of containers, many of them without any frequent type of manipulation, expose everyone in the environment to possible dangers.
3. Before thinking about the disposition of the containers it is important to know their property. This is because many substances cannot be in contact with each other, since there is a probability that undesirable chemical reactions will occur . We recommend that substances of a combustion nature, for example, be stored in different places than toxic ones. Avoid chemical incompatibility within the laboratory.
4. Be very careful with glass containers. These pieces are much more delicate and must be handled firmly to prevent them from falling off . The most advisable thing is to opt for small glass containers and place them in low areas of the shelf.
5. Polyethylene protection trays and buckets are an excellent alternative to support those containers that contain dangerous substances due to their high corrosive power, such as acids. Leaving them separated in these supports avoids any type of contamination in case of container breaks or undesirable falls.
6. Controlling the conditions of the storage environment should also be something carried out by a company in the chemical industry. It ensures maximum ventilation in rooms where chemical product containers are located, especially in places where extremely flammable preparations are located and which can generate explosions. It is also advisable to avoid activities that generate heat or sparks in these environments.