Ram characteristics: The cpu must take into account the delay in the response of the memory: Memory (RAM) comes in different types. The differences are due to the function of memory and the technology of memory and other computer hardware. If you want to upgrade your computer’s memory or build your own computer, you need to make sure the memory is compatible with the other components in your computer. You must choose the correct memory technology before you can see speed or any other features.
Interesting: RAM (Random Access Memory)
Types of RAM
Let’s look at the different types of RAM:
Ram characteristics: SHAME
Ram characteristics: SRAM memories consist of circuits capable of retaining stored information while power is applied. That means this type of memory requires constant power. SRAM memories are used to build cache memory.
Ram characteristics: DRACHMA The cpu must take into account the delay in the response of the memory
The cpu must take into account the delay in the response of the memory: DRAM stores binary information in the form of electrical charges that are applied to capacitors. The information stored in the capacitors tends to be lost over a period of time, and therefore the capacitors must be periodically recharged to retain their use. Main memory is usually made up of DRAM chips.
Ram characteristics: The cpu must take into account the delay in the response of the memory: There are mainly 5 types of DRAM:
- Ram characteristics: Asynchronous DRAM (ADRAM) . A specialized memory controller circuit generates the necessary control signals to control the time. The CPU must take into account the delay in memory response.
- Synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) . The access speed of these RAM chips is directly synchronized with the CPU clock. For this, the memory chips remain ready to work when the CPU expects them to be ready.
- Double Data Rate SDRAM (DDR SDRAM) . This faster version of SDRAM performs its operations on both edges of the clock signal, doubling the data transfer rate. To access data at high speed, the memory cells are organized into two groups. Each group is accessed separately.
- Ram characteristics: RAMBUS DRAM (RDRAM) . It provides a very high data transfer rate over a narrow CPU memory bus. It uses various acceleration mechanisms such as synchronous memory interface, caching within DRAM chips, and very fast signal timing. The width of the Rambus data bus is 8 or 9 bits.
- DRAM Cache (CDRAM) . This memory is a special type of DRAM memory with an on-chip cache memory (SRAM) that acts as a high-speed buffer for the main DRAM.