Examples Of Acronyms
- International Monetary Fund: before IMF today IMF
- Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social: before IMSS today IMSS
It does not matter if one of the words is lowercase within the name. It can be capitalized for the acronym. Now, as can be seen with the previous names, acronyms are necessary to express yourself more fluently.
It is not the same to say:
“I went to the Mexican Institute of Social Security to have some X-rays of my ribs done, after the accident I suffered a few months ago.”
What to say:
“I went to the IMSS to have some X-rays of my ribs done,
after the accident I suffered a few months ago ”.
Another example, in which the ease of using acronyms is very clear is the following.
“I accompanied the grandfather to the Institute of Social Security and Services for State Workers, to settle the matter of his life pension.”
It can include the corresponding acronym, and become:
“I accompanied the grandfather to the ISSSTE to settle the matter of his life pension”
Examples of acronyms
- UN (United Nations Organization).
2. UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, or United Nations Children’s Fund).
3. UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization, or United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
4. CAPUFE (Federal Roads and Bridges of Income and Related Services)
5. ASA (Airports and Auxiliary Services).
6. CONAMED (National Commission for Medical Arbitration).
7. CONAPO (National Population Council).
8. IMF (International Monetary Fund).
9. IFE (Federal Electoral Institute).
10. NOM (Official Mexican Standard).
11. FAO (food organization of the united nations)
12. OECD (organization of economic cooperation and development)
13. SEP (secretariat of public education)
14. CONACULTA (national council for cultures and art)
15. CNDH (national commission for human rights)
16. INE ( National Electoral Institute)
17. NATO (North Atlantic Organization)
18. BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
19. VAT (Value Added Tax)
20. FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigations) )
21. CIA (Central Intelligence Agency)
22. KGB (Komitet Gosudárstvennoy Bezopásnosti, Committee for State Security)
23. DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration)
24. PGR (Attorney General’s Office)
25. OIPC- INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization- INTERPOL is International Police)
26. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus )
27. IBM (International Business Machines)
28. PC (personal computer)
29. DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid)
30. NAZI (National Socialism)