Examples of Browser
We explain that what are examples of browser? with definition, source and functions of browser in detail to better understand the concept.
What is a browser?
Navigator is an adjective that refers to or refers to someone who navigates. In the same way, a navigator is a person who makes trips at sea through a boat. On the other hand, a browser is also known as someone who conducts research, studies, or searches for information through a computer network.
In this sense, the word browser refers to two terms, the first is the classic of the person who makes trips through water and the second is more aimed at the area of computers and networks related to the Internet .
From the point of view of technology , a browser refers to a computer program through which a variety of content is displayed that is reflected on a web page and is accessed through a local server or Internet.
A technological or web browser has all the tools that are considered necessary to be able to interpret the codes found on a web page since it may have one or more programming languages . This allows the user to interact with the content that is displayed on the screen in such a way that it allows the user who is browsing to interact with the platform as well as navigate to other related web pages, through links.
During its first beginnings, web browsers were only developed exclusively on computers, since they were the only ones that had the capacity to run the browser in an optimized way.
With the passage of time and thanks to the technological evolution that we live day by day, many devices that we commonly use such as mobile devices, among others, can perform a multiplicity of tasks that were previously only reserved for computers.
Its main purpose is to allow the user to view what is reflected on the web page as well as the components that make it up, among them are:
- Hyperlinks, etc.
It is important to note that only through the browser, the user can perform multiple activities such as:
- send and receive emails
- Access web pages and social networks
- Select and save your favorite pages
- Print documents
- Keep records of your activity
- Store information in the cloud
- Install apps, etc.
Examples of Browser
- Apple Safari: is a free and closed source web browser, developed by Apple Inc. It works on OS X, iOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It was launched on the market in 2003.
- Google Chrome: is a web browser developed by Google Inc., open source and free. It runs smoothly on various operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Its launch was made in 2008 and since then it has become the most popular on the market worldwide.
- Internet Explorer: it is a web browser developed by Microsoft Corporation, integrated into the Microsoft Windows operating system in its multiple versions. It was launched on the market in 1995 and it was the most popular web browser in the world, until it was displaced by Google Chrome in 2011.
- Opera: is a web browser developed by the Opera Software company. It is compatible with various operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X mainly, although it also works, in older versions, in Linux. It was released in 1995.
- Mozilla Firefox: is a free and open source web browser, developed by the Mozilla Corporation and the Mozilla Foundation. It works on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems. Its market launch dates back to 2004.