Examples of stages in history
The stages of history are those periods that comprise the different momentous changes that humanity has experienced. They include from the appearance of the human being and the rest of biodiversity to current social events.
The ages we study are based on Europe because they are determined by revolutions and changes carried out on that continent. Both in Asia, Africa, Oceania and America other periods are known that mark their own history.
Some experts assure that the first stage of human history should be considered only from the appearance of writing. But officially the first stage, prehistory, is taken since the existence of Homo sapiens is known.
Importance of the division of history
Human history is very extensive, it is marked by various disciplines that range from geography to genetics. That is why it becomes a little easier to understand if it is divided into stages. These periods may be different for each region of the planet.
The truth is that, knowing those periods and what happened in them, we can understand a little better what happened or will happen in subsequent stages.
Stages of history
All periods in human history are based on years before or after Christ. This classification was created by Christopher Cellarius, a German historian and history teacher.
- Prehistory : includes from the origin of man (that is, about 2 or 3 million years BC) to the invention of writing (four thousand years BC)
- Ancient Age : from the appearance of writing to the fall of the Roman Empire (in the 5th century AD)
- Middle Ages: from the 5th century until the arrival of the Spanish in America in the 15th century.
- Modern Age : from the 15th century to the beginning of the French Revolution.
- Contemporary Age: from the 19th century to the present.
Another classification of human history is:
- Paleolithic : about 300,000 years ago when Homo sapiens appeared .
- Mesolithic : approximately 10,000 years ago. It is known as the “stone age”.
- Neolithic : The Neolithic began approximately 7000 BC. C. It is known as the “new stone age”, since there was social and technological development.
- Copper Age : 3000 BC C. Metals replaced the use of flint.
- Bronze Age: begins with the discovery of other metals in addition to copper, such as lead and tin.
- Iron Age: he begins to use form and furnaces to mold iron pieces.
Examples of stages in history
These are examples of events that happened during the aforementioned stages of history.
- Prehistory : man appears, language is created and developed. The people of the time, nomads for others, lived strictly from hunting, carrion and agriculture. They develop art with clothing and other ornaments.
- Ancient times: fall of the Western Roman Empire and fall of the Eastern Roman Empire.
- Middle Ages: the feudal stage begins. Christopher Columbus arrived in America in 1492.
- Modern age: technology begins to take over the world with multiple inventions and advances in science.
- Contemporary Age: French Revolution , revolutions , arrival of the computer, cell phone and other events from 1789 to today .