How are keyboards classified
Keyboards are classified according to their physical form in:
- 83-Key XT Keyboard: Used on the PC XT (8086/88).
- AT 83-Key Keyboard: Used with AT PCs (286/386).
- 101/102 key expanded keyboard: It is the current keyboard, with a greater number of keys.
- Ergonomic type: Designed to give greater comfort to the user, helping him to have a more relaxed position of the arms.
- Multimedia keyboard: Adds special keys that call some programs on the computer, as a direct access, such as the email program, the calculator, the multimedia player.
- Wireless keyboard. They are usually common keyboards where communication between the computer and the peripheral is carried out through infrared rays, radio waves or via bluetooth.
- According to the technology of their keys , keyboards are classified as:
- Rubber dome keyboards.
- Membrane keyboards.
- Capacitive keyboards.
- Metal contact keyboards.
- Braille keyboards. Used by blind people.