How photovoltaic self consumption works
Photovoltaic self-consumption is on the rise and is that it is one of the best methods to self-supply electricity while taking care of the environment. The installation of photovoltaic solar panels allows generating energy through natural light, an option that, in addition to being sustainable and ecological, is also economical.
What is photovoltaic self-consumption and how it works
We speak of photovoltaic self-consumption when we produce our own energy by installing solar panels to take advantage of solar energy . These kits of photovoltaic panels allow us to supply ourselves with energy by converting the sun’s rays into electricity, which translates into a perfect option to obtain energy in a sustainable way, since it is a renewable energy . Likewise, this consumption model represents energy savings that are reflected in electricity bills.
How does a self-consumption photovoltaic system work? The operation of the photovoltaic self-consumption is simple once you have placed the solar panels in an isolated house or in a community of neighbors. To carry out this installation, in addition to needing the solar panels responsible for capturing sunlight, they also require a photovoltaic inverter in order to transform said energy into alternating current, which can be used in any electrical device in a home. This process is called the photoelectric effect, a phenomenon that allows us to obtain electricity through renewable energy.
There are various types of photovoltaic self-consumption installation, each one of them will be adapted to the consumption needs. In this sense, we can speak of isolated self-consumption facilities or self-consumption facilities connected to a network.
Isolated self-consumption facilities
They are made up of solar panels , charge regulators, batteries and storage, and photovoltaic inverters. It is an installation with energy storage in batteries that must guarantee energy supply 24 hours a day. In other words, they do not have any connection to a physical electrical distribution network. In rural areas and far from large urban centers in which it is difficult and expensive to get the electricity grid is the best solution.
Self-consumption facilities connected to a network
They consist of solar panels for self-consumption, charge regulators, batteries and photovoltaic inverters and it is an installation where the solar panels are connected to the interior of a consumption network, as well as to a physical electrical distribution network. In this type of photovoltaic installations, energy storage will not be necessary, because in the event that energy generation is scarce, the electricity grid will always be used.
The kits for photovoltaic self-consumption are a perfect solution to obtain electrical energy and be careful with the environment. The advantages and benefits of the kit for photovoltaic self-consumption are multiple and varied compared to the usual connections to the electrical network.
- With self-consumption systems you will be able to obtain your own electricity more economically, since by producing your own electricity the electricity grid rates will be lowered, which can mean up to 70% in saving the electricity bill.
- The energy use is up to 50% percent, that is, 40% is saved in electrical energy with a guarantee of optimal operation of 35 years. In this sense, although the initial investment is higher than the payment of an invoice, the solar kit for self-consumption will be amortized between the following 6 and 11 years.
- The greatest benefit of photovoltaic self-consumption is that it is an environmentally friendly system, while we obtain what we need. It is an opportunity to bet on green, clean, renewable and sustainable energy.
- Thanks to the kits for photovoltaic self-consumption, you will be able to enjoy solutions and benefits adapted to your needs, regarding the production, accumulation and distribution of current. In this sense, energy dependence on networks is reduced due to self-sufficiency.
- Regarding distribution, an electrical distribution system is generated that reduces the need to invest in other networks and, in addition, reduces the loss or leakage of energy that can occur when it is transported by the network.
Before carrying out a photovoltaic installation, you must take some aspects into account, because to guarantee the greatest energy savings, the photovoltaic solar self-consumption kit must adapt to your needs and available space for its installation. Both points are important, as they can influence the final price of the solar panel installation.
The power you will need is also an important point to calculate the cost of this investment, as well as the quality of the equipment. The price range is between € 1,500 and € 2,000 per installed KW of power , an initial amount to which the installation costs must be added. The positive point is that there are customizable and made-to-measure photovoltaic solar self-consumption kits. In this sense, we recommend a higher initial outlay and trust in the quality of high-end equipment, since they will allow you to increase production up to 25% and at the same time guarantee its durability, with a guarantee of between 30 and 35 years. .