System Software Examples: It is a computer application that manages and controls hardware to enable the application software to perform its tasks. It performs functions such as transferring data from memory to disk or sending text to a display device.
Interesting: What is System Software
System Software Examples: BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) makes the computer system boot after power on and manages the flow of data between the operating system and connected devices such as hard drive, video adapter, keyboard, mouse and the printer.
System Software Examples:
- Boot program loads the operating system into the computer’s main memory or random access memory (RAM).
- Assembler takes the basic instructions of the computer and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer’s processor can use to perform its basic operations.
- Device driver manages a particular type of device that is connected to your computer, such as a keyboard or mouse. The driver program converts the most general input/output instructions of the operating system into messages that the device type can understand.
- System utilities like Disk Defragmenter or development tools like compilers and debuggers.
What is the most used software?
The os is the best known example of system software. The operating system manages all the other programs on a computer.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Mac OS
- Anti virus
- Disk formatting software
- Hard disk defragmenter
- BIOS (firmware)