Creating a slideshow or slideshow that can be enjoyed for years to come is not difficult.
Here are some tips that can help you:
- Know your audience Knowing who the presentation is aimed at is your first goal, but it is sometimes overlooked when developing the presentation.
- Shorter is sometimes better . How many photos or slides do you want to include in the presentation? Presentations that are between 8 – 12 minutes in length are ideal for a wedding or quinceañera receptions. This is usually solved with 3 background songs and 60 to 80 photos.
- Choose quality photos . Images that look great in print (correct lighting and framing) also look great when scanned. Images that are too dark or damaged will not look very good.
- Choose a variety of photographs . Use photos that can hold the interest of the public.
- Horizontal Landscape photos display better than portrait images . Given the 4:3 dimensions on standard monitors, photos in landscape (horizontal) mode compared to portrait (vertical) mode look better in a presentation or slideshow.
- Give some thought to the music . Choose background music that has meaning to you, music whose lyrics go well with the images.
- Add short video clips . Consider adding a few seconds of video in the middle of the presentation. The video clip is a way to maintain the interest of the audience.
- Add motion to your slideshows. Consider making your slideshows have zoom effects on each photo. This can help bring your photos to life.
- Add transitions to your slideshows Transitions like fade in / fade out, dissolve allowing harmony between images.
- Test! Test! Test! If you are thinking of showing a presentation during an event, do tests, remember to test all the equipment before the big day or let CAVSI take care of it.