Sustainability, ecology and the environment are words that are becoming more and more part of our daily lives. Through sustainable development, the aim is to meet the needs of today without endangering the resources of the future, which may affect other generations. But how to do it? From the use of renewable energies, to recycling, through self-consumption, green technologies or the efficient use of resources, there are many gestures that can help achieve optimal sustainable development.
Sustainability is a fundamental concept within ecology and consists of meeting and satisfying the needs of today without jeopardizing the ability of the next generations to achieve the satisfaction of theirs, that is, without risking the resources of the future. Sustainability aims to guarantee the balance between caring for the environment, social well-being and economic growth. The sustainable development is fundamentally based on this concept to protect the natural environment and guarantee everyone access to the same opportunities.
From sustainability, specific concepts are born, such as environmental sustainability, to preserve biodiversity without giving up the economy and the social area; social sustainability that seeks to unite society with environmental care and economic stability and economic sustainability that aims to make environmental and social sustainability profitable.
If you want to be more sustainable , you should know that by doing a few small gestures you can do your bit and contribute to the sustainable development of society. How? Modifying some of your daily habits. If you don’t really know how to do it, you can follow these tips to be more sustainable :
- Bet on eco-friendly packaging. To do this, in addition to buying food with the minimum possible packaging, such as, for example, in bulk, we also recommend using snack bags , which serve to reduce plastic and take our food anywhere without generating waste and being 100% respectful with the environment. Thanks to the snack bags , such as the snack’n’go food carrier , you can forget about plastic bags and silver foil, thus contributing to the reduction of garbage , since they are ecological and sustainable.
- Use public transport to reduce CO2, save time in traffic jams and reduce gasoline consumption.
- Save water , for example, by showering instead of bathing, using washing machines and dishwashers with a maximum load or installing dispensers on the tap or smart cisterns.
- Use renewable energy and self-consumption photovoltaic kits at home. With a green home, in addition to reducing the impact on the environment, you will reduce the price of the bill.
- Save energy at home . To do this, remember not to leave the lights on in unoccupied rooms or rooms, bet on LED bulbs or take food out of the freezer in time to defrost it naturally and reduce the use of microwaves or the oven.
- Keep in mind that reducing, recycling and reusing is a foundation of sustainability.
- Prioritize the consumption of proximity products . By promoting the consumption of local products, you will benefit the economy of your territory and, at the same time, you will reduce energy consumption and emissions.