What is aerothermal
Are you looking for how to regulate the temperature of your home in the most sustainable way possible? Aerothermal may be just what you need. Both for cooling and heating and for heating sanitary water, this is one of the best options today. In addition, you may be interested to know that one way to make this temperature regulation even more sustainable and ecological is by combining it with photovoltaic solar energy.
What is aerothermy
Aerothermal energy is a technology that obtains energy from the air and, from this, needs for hot water, heating and cooling in the home or office are covered.
This technology, which began to appear a decade ago, is increasingly being found in more homes, as little by little more is known and it is easier to have access to it and its installation at home, and all thanks to brands such as Viessmann .
The fact that it works with air means that this technique for regulating the ambient temperature and water is considered an ecological option , respectful of the environment and, after all, part of the environment of renewable energies , which with the passage of time time they gain more followers around the world for a variety of reasons, both related to the care of the environment and the economy of the home.
Aerothermal energy is a clean technology that is responsible for obtaining the thermal energy found in the air and transforming it into the form of heating, cooling or sanitary hot water for the home. This is done thanks to the aerothermal heat pump system. Outside the house, an outdoor unit is installed that is responsible for collecting the energy from the air and transferring it to the interior circuit of the home, becoming an ecological and economical system of hot water, heating and cooling (using both floor radiant such as fan coils and BT radiators).
The aerothermal operation process is:
- In a part known as the evaporator, the air from the environment outside the house enters. In this part of the system, the exchange of thermal energy takes place and, when this happens, the refrigerant liquid evaporates.
- The result of the evaporated refrigerant goes to a compressor that compresses it and this increases the temperature.
- This compressed gas goes to a condenser that performs the process of condensation of the gas to convert it back into liquid, which when undergoing this process releases thermal energy, and the liquid remains again as a refrigerant. Thus, this released energy is what is used to transfer it to the home through the chosen air conditioning system (underfloor heating, fan coils, etc.).
- The remaining liquid refrigerant is directed towards the expansion valve, which will lower the pressure and the temperature of the liquid and this will be able to return to the evaporator to start the whole aerothermal process again.
In addition, there is the possibility of this system being in two parts ( split aerothermal system ), leaving one unit inside the house and another unit outside, or in a single outdoor unit ( monobloc aerothermal system ).
These are the main advantages of aerothermal heating at home :
- It does not use storable fuels, so you do not have to worry about its supply.
- It does not generate waste when using it, since by not using fuels it is a clean system.
- What it uses instead of a fuel is air, which is why it is considered a respectful system with the environment or environment and is part of renewable energies , which are the future.
- Provides greater energy savings than other systems to regulate the temperature of the environment and water. In this way, by installing aerothermal energy at home you can achieve maximum energy efficiency in your home.
- It is one of the most complete systems that exists today, since it allows you to cover the needs of your family: cooling, heating and hot water.
- This system has a very low noise level, so if the sound level of a heating or cooling device worries you, with this you will not have to think about it.
- Although an initial investment is required, the maintenance of the aerothermal is minimal, so in the medium-long term it is considered a better option than other systems.
If, knowing it better now, you want to install aerothermal energy in your home , and even combine it with photovoltaic, do not hesitate to look for the best options in the area where you live and its surroundings.
A great solution for energy management at home is to combine the installation of photovoltaic solar technology with heat pump systems , where Viessmann goes a step further: not only does the combination of both systems optimizing energy performance but that Viessmann heat pumps take advantage of the surplus photovoltaic energy to store it as thermal energy, which makes it possible to achieve high rates of self-consumption.